Friday, January 3, 2020

A new decade

Wow, it has been so long since I have written a personal post or any post at all for that matter. I began the Pathway program from BYUI in September of 2016 and blogging took a seat in the back because anytime I have opened my computer in the last 3 years, it has been for homework. But now that 2020 is going to bring a graduation from BYUI, I hope to blog more consistently.

I love documenting my life on Instagram, but I feel like I don't always bear my soul on there because of the large audience and fear of judgement. There was so many times in the last year especially that I wanted to write about some amazing things my kids had done or said, but I didn't want to sound like I was bragging or trying to present a picture perfect life. I have received a lot of messages like "how do you manage everything" or "your'e so busy all the time, slow down" or I could never be like you" Although most of the time, I felt like those messages came from a good place, there were times that I felt like they were a little insulting and I was left feeling hurt. My life is far from perfect, but I know in my heart of hearts that these are the good old days that I am going to miss are I will have 3 teenagers in the near future. I feel the Spirit prompting me to remember and record the good, because there is so much of it when your kids are this age. I thought about making my social media accounts completely private and the freedom that would give me to record everything there, but I like the connection to family and long distance friends, as well as just keeping in touch with the world.

Then I thought about this. I am so grateful for this little blog where I recorded so much of the early days of raising babies, I want to re-visit that habit and show this blog a little more love in 2020 to a much tinier audience in a public setting that hopefully my family can read someday. I also printed and bound this blog up until about 2017, so I would like to start a new decade off right. My patriarchal blessing it talks about compiling my family history and I feel that this blog is a small part of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment