Monday, September 3, 2018

Turning Tables




New Testament Class Entry

There are many principles that stood out to me during this week’s reading, but these were the three that stood out to me the most:

Matthew 21:12-13
12 ¶ And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
13 And said unto them, It is written, My ahouse shall be called the house of bprayer; but ye have made it a cden of thieves.
I love this principle that Christ is teaching here. The love and respect He has for the sacredness of His Father’s house is so apparent. He loves His Father and hates to see Him disrespected in anyway. When I read this, I wanted to visual this portion of scripture, so I watched the Bible video of Christ turning tables in the temple and it enriched the experience for me.

It reminded me of a personal experience. In the past, I have a attended several “cake auctions” at church in order to raise funds for Girls Camp. It sometimes got heated and emotions ran high, with cakes going for absolutely ridiculous prices. I honestly thought of how the Savior would feel if He were there. I think sometimes we need reminded of how sacred our chapels and temples are.

No comments:

Post a Comment