Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Crazy Time
What a day. What a week really. We had pre-school graduation and our last gymnastics and piano lessons. Thursday was lovely having Chlo's 5th birthday party. It really went off without a hitch. A lot of work turning 19 girls into princesses, but so worth it. My kids birthdays fill me with all of those feelings I had the day they were born. My mum is the same. She looked at Chloe at the party and started to cry, and when I asked her what was the matter, she just said she was remembering the day she was born. It really does feel like yesterday sometimes. It was such a fun party, one of the best we've had. Friday all the Regimbal/Garcia boys left for their first overnight canoe trip. The kids had so much fun. Carter came home at 10pm and talked my ear off. His highlights were pooping in a box in the woods and sharing a tent with Hudson. They all had a great time, something they will do every summer for sure. They were all eaten alive by bugs though, hundreds of bites. While they were gone my Claire Bear hit her mouth on the bench in the kitchen and the impact force her tooth almost all the way back up into her gums and to the side. It was just awful. She cried. I cried. I call Telehealth and they said sometimes they can reset the tooth and to go to the ER, sure enough the wonderful doctor there was able to fix it with me holding her legs and a nurse holding her arms. It was awful and really bloody and amazing all at the same time because he was about to make it look just like new. That was Saturday, Sunday we had all Darryl's family (18) here for a BBQ and Monday brought another trip to the ER, because since Carter had over 100 black fly and mosquito bites, I was checking his scalp and I found some hard lumps that weren't bites. Since his uncle has had lymphatic cancer at a young age, I always am feeling around for lumps and bumps. These were big, and so since the doctor was closed we went up to the ER again. The nice doctor explained to me that it was because of all the bites that his lymph nodes had gone into "defence" mode and would most likely stay hard like that for a few weeks and not to worry. To say I'm tired would be an understatement. But it's a good tired. A productive tired. Last night after our trip to the ER we had a really nice time kicking off the summer at a friend's house. The kids swam, jumped on the trampoline, roasted marshmallows and hot dogs on the fire and when we were done we went out for ice cream at 11pm. It was great. Today along with all the regular playing, phone calls, e-mails, cooking and cleaning, we also picked strawberries, made jam, made pies, delivered pies, went and did groceries at Zerhs, went to Walmart, went to Staples, had a play date, dinner, bath, bedtime, made songbooks for girls camp, Beehive Presidency meeting, went to the food bank with the youth, walked the dog, read a few chapters in Alma, did the laundry, started get my stuff ready for Girls Camp and in 24 hours we leave for Yogi Bear Jelly Stone Park, which I still am not even close to ready for. I'll worry about that in the morning.
Because for now it's just me and The Real Housewives of New Jersey at 12:37am.
Hallelujah and goodnight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Okay, tell me how you got more than 24 hours in that last day there? I think you did more in a day than I do in a week! Loved this entry.
ReplyDelete