Well darling daughter, you are 5 years old. That's a whole hand! I can hardly believe it! You are pretty amazing and I love you so very much. You're beautiful smile and witty ways light up our home. You are always kind and loving, a perfect example of what a big sister should be. One line from your report card from Mrs. Brown read "Chloe's enthusiasm and positive attitude have made her many friends" You have a personality that draws people in with your compassion as well as your humour. You love to learn and have totally excelled at school this year and I am so proud of you. Your love to write lots of notes to Daddy and I and your cousins and your reading is improving everyday. You love your piano lessons with Kathy and you always look forward to gymnastics with Coach Judy and passed 2 levels this past spring.
Yesterday you completed the children's swim program with the Red Cross. You loooovvvvee to swim! Your instructor Austin told me yesterday you were built for swimming and that you reminded him of a kids in movies who are destined to be warriors or have some talent they are born with, like the Karate Kid. Parents of other kids always mention to me that you make it look so easy. I love watching your long limbs glide through the water. You are like a little fish. Usually you have to be six years old to start the next phase of the program, but your Austin said he would like to bump you up to a Level 4 starting in August, as long as I didn't mind that you would be the only one in the class who hasn't had their eighth birthday. You are so excited to start and told the lady who was threading my eye brows today you couldn't wait for Level 4.
But even if you could swim, read, write etc. my precious girl, there would still be a million other things I could list as reasons I love you. It is nice to hear such lovely things from the people who teach you and I love seeing the confidence you gain from that, but you have so many God-given qualities that I so admire that you have had from the day you were born. Empathy, compassion, a quick sense of humour and patience to name a few.
I really just enjoy your company. You are always asking me to play games you have made up or you want me to answer questions like the ones you made up for me tonight "What's your favourite thing to do with our family in the spring? fall? etc." I love those little talks we have. Carter is your right-hand man and Claire is constantly following you around chanting "Yoee, Yoee Yoee" She can't quite say Chloe yet. It is so cute. You love helping them both learn new things and are really patient about sharing all your new birthday gifts, lip gloss etc. You are quite the ring leader.
I love you my sweet little lady, and I am so glad you are mine forever xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment