Thursday, October 4, 2012
Happy Birthday Claire Bear
Well my darling baby girl, you are now a full year old. It was honestly the fastest year of my life. About 13 months ago I found out you were breech and spent hours a day trying different ways to get you to turn. Spending time on all fours, ice packs, flashlight, loud music, everything I could Google. When I had an ultra sound it showed the cord wrapped all around your neck and little body and we booked a c-section right away. When you came out healthy and strong, it was the biggest relief I've ever felt in my life. I can honestly say, that every day I think about how lucky we are to have you here, and how different my life would've been if things would've gone differently that day. Life is such a miracle.
And so here you are now, a whole year old! Your 8 cute little teeth and your blonde curls are just a couple of things I love about you. You have gone from a quiet little baby to a feisty, busy little girl who makes us all laugh. You love to say "hi" and "uh oh" You LOVE your food, pretty much anything we put on your high chair you will eat. You love your brother and sister and cousins. They make you smile, laugh and giggle more than anything. There are a couple of baby girls at church you love too. You have such a sweetness about you, it just oozes from you. You are the best traveler during car rides that we've ever had, and you HATE getting your diaper changes and getting dressed way more than your siblings did. You love hugging your babies and you love copying your brother and sister's actions. Your "shy face" is everyone's favourite. You tuck your chin down into your neck and look up with your eyes and it makes us all just melt. You love music and you always try to bounce and sing along with the radio and piano. Your brother and sister sing a song from The Parent Trap, and you always join in. They sing "Let's get together..and you chime in...Ya, ya, ya." same with Adele's Rumour Has It. As soon as we put it on you start...."oooooooh....oooooooooooh"
I love you my darling. You have brought such a feeling of completeness into our family with your sweet spirit and loving personality. Know that I love you more than anything. Please stay little forever. xoxoxox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So sweet! It has been far too long since I've seen your cute little Claire!
ReplyDelete