Friday, March 23, 2012

Wish I had my camera...

Yesterday I kicked myself 17 times for not having my camera with me. I went out to a friend's house with kids in tow to enjoy the sunshine. She has tons of yard space to play and my kids always enjoy it there. Even someone like me can appreciate how lucky we are to have this weather in March. 27 degrees? I'll take it! It was like a summer day, the kids had Popsicles and ran around, splashed by the pond, it was so nice. After they got soaked they ran around half-naked without a care in the world. Our two 2 year old boys ripped their diapers off and had a ball as we sat on the deck and fed our 4 and 6 month old babes. It was pretty much perfect. I wish I had brought my camera.

My friend will no longer be in our ward as of next month, due to some boundary changes and this makes me really sad, but I know we will have lots more days like this whether we are in the same ward or not.

Then I went to Bradford to see my good friends and celebrate a birthday. We laughed. We talked. It was great, like it is every time, so therapeutic. And I wished I brought my camera, it was my friend Val's last birthday in her twenties and I should've documented that! We've been doing birthday dinners since we were 12.

I couldn't leave Bradford without a stop in at my parents and it was so good to touch base with them too. Living forty minutes away is not that far, but I don't get a chance to visit without my kids very often and that's when we really have a chance to talk. My mum has started some temple work for her side of the family and we are going to the temple tonight to do some names, I can't wait. She was really disappointed her grandmother had already been done, but it has really kick-started her to get into her genealogy.

And tomorrow is Saturday. Hallelujah! Ballet, Fishing, BBQ with friends and Mary Poppins. Life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment