
Yikes, where in the world did the last 6 months go????
Claire is half a year old. Say it isn't so.
She loves "Across the Universe" by The Beatles.
She rolled over for the first time on Sunday, March 25, 2012
She got her first tooth Thursday, March 29, 2012
She has the best smile and the roundest, cutest eyes.
She thinks her siblings are hilarious.
She loves her food.
She loves the car.
She loves the swing.
It seems so cliche to say she is a joy, a pure delight, the perfect addition to our family, but it is soooo true. And I can't really find words to describe the joy and the love I feel for her even as I sit here this very minute. She completes me.
The first 6 months of Chlo's life were heavenly too, it was a really exciting time, but by the time she was that age I was pregnant and barfing non-stop. There were the insecurities that come with being a new mother, and it was all so new.
Carter (my darling boy, who I love with all my heart, if you're ever reading this) sucked. How's that for sugar coating it? The first 6 months of his life were the toughest thing I have ever gone through. I was depressed, we were moving, we had different siblings living with us, which was fun, but hard with a newborn, he was 9lbs 7oz at birth and ALWAYS hungry, and he ate every 2 hours for what seemed like an eternity. The hardest thing by far was just making it through the day. Having children 15 months apart isn't something I would recommend. But then, around six months, this smiley, happy adorable little being emerged and he is the prince of our family and a hilarious, sweet, loving, addition.
But Claire my darling, you are a treat and have been from day one. It's more than the fact that you are my 3rd and I am more confident/comfortable in my mothering, your calm spirit was exactly what this busy bunch needed. Your transition into our family has been almost seamless. You are an angel. I knew there would be a Claire in our family someday, and you were my only child who's spirit I felt before you arrived. I will always treasure these past few months, they truly have been motherhood bliss.
I love you sweetheart.
So sweet! What a lovely post.
ReplyDelete