Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sleepy


Yesterday I was tired. For the first time since Claire was born, I was that deliriously, exhausted I'd pay a million dollars or give up my first born for a nap right now kind of tired. I hate that feeling. I had Claire sleeping through the night no problem for 7 days in a row, then stomach flu, then cold, now teething...my 7 hours a night seems like a distant memory. Between getting a flat tire and Darryl backing into the garage door, it was an expensive week. But it can always be worse....I think of a missionary who was serving in our ward, who is now in a hospital bed fighting for his life after a tragic accident. I have tried many times since hearing the news to put myself in his mother's shoes, and I can't. It would be unbearable.

So I try and focus on the good, and this morning was so much better. It's Wednesday, so Chlo and Carter went to pre-school in Daddy's truck (no tires on the van yet) Claire slept and I ate a sprinkle donut (thanks Day xo) and watched Real Housewives in peace. The kids are all napping at the same time for the first time in about 4 months. Darryl and his brother are taking Chlo, Ava and the twins to Uncle Tom's cottage this weekend, Carter is going to Gran's for a sleepover and Claire and I are preparing the Relief Social Anniversary Social. Oh yes, and how could I forget? Yesterday was Super Tuesday and Mitt Romney cleaned up, even winning Ohio, so life really is good.

P.S. Chlo says: "Mom, you get tired of feeding baby Claire and tired of Carter hitting (I could write a novel on how crazy his behavior has been the past 2 weeks) but you never get tired of me right?" I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.....

2 comments:

  1. Laugh, always laugh sweetie, even through the tears!!
    Love you blog so much, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so sweet Leah, thanks. I love looking and all your travelling pictures on Facebook. HOpe all is well. I miss Alberta terribly some days. The missionary I was talking about was from Taber actually.

    ReplyDelete