Friday, October 21, 2011

Not nice, but kinda true....

I feel like this week I needed a sign on my forehead, a message on my answering machine and a plaque on my door that says "I don't care. I just had a baby." Yes I am doing well, yes this is my easiest baby transition, and yes I feel good. And you can tell me your problems, and I can try and listen, but honestly, I'll be thinking about what side I fed the baby last, or what colour shirt Chloe is supposed to wear to pre-school today or wondering when my stomach will stop feeling numb, or even possibly what is going to happen next on The Real Housewives of New Jersey. I'm so tired and preoccupied. Any shred of mental energy I have must to go to my toddlers who are adjusting well, but needing extra love. Or to my poor dog who I think is depressed since Claire arrived. Or to my tired husband. I sound like a terrible person. I do enjoy being to go-to person on both sides of my family. I like to know what's going on, what's new, who is hurting, who needs help, who's fighting about Christmas, I do. And I promise this won't last forever. But right now, and possibly tomorrow, I don't care.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. A real woman! You will NEVER get these newborn moments back....there will always be Christmas to fight over. :)

    ReplyDelete