Sunday, October 23, 2011

Back to Normal



















I feel like life is beginning to return to it regular pace, and I like it. I don't think I'm going to be a very good elderly person. I REALLY detested asking for a hand to help me up, or walking at a slow pace in the grocery store, or not being able to lift something heavy in the garage by myself. Made me think of what it'll be like if I live to be 80 and it put me in a bad mood just thinking about it. Anyway, here is what we've been up to the last week or so....

Claire, Ollie and I watch a lot of Real Housewives online in the evening. My grandparents gave us the little wooden table and chairs that we used to play with when we were little and the kids love dragging it from room to room to play "suppertime". Chlo has started ballet and LOVES it. Her little friend from church is in her class and they are just darling together. We went to a birthday party for our next door neighbour's little guy, Gavin (my kids LOVE him) so grateful for the best next door neighbours anyone could ask for. After that we had a wedding. My sweet friend Ashley got married and the whole day was just beautiful. She is very crafty, and everything had her magic touch. It was fun to see all the girls from work too. My sister-in-law threw me a beautiful shower, I didn't have my camera there, so the only picture that I have is a of is my gorgeous purple cabbage flowers that I brought home with me. I had NO clue it was a shower, so I came late and under dressed, but it was fine, we had a great time. My kids are obsessed with this new dance music cd I ordered from Deseret Book. They ask for it after nap all the time, it's songs like Popcorn Popping and other primary songs, and they think it's hilarious to hear them done so differently. We watch Mary Poppins a lot. Went to my BFF's Melissa's house to visit with her and her friends and family (who have become my friends and family as well, love them) and it just felt so good to get out and visit. My kids loved her Halloween treats for them, and I loved the fall basket she made for me. Matt and Mandy came by with sushi one night, and it was so fun to have a normal Friday night again. She brought me these cute onesies wrapped like cupcakes too. Elaina came by with a meal, along with some other great ladies in my ward, and that just made life so much easier! Darryl and I also got ourselves some bling with our babies names on it, which I love. Sunday was the Primary Presentation and Chloe did so well singing "I Love to See The Temple" with the Nursery and Carter cried when he had to come back and sit in the congregation, he wanted to stay up there, so cute. I was sitting there thinking how do I have 3 kids and not one of them is old enough to be in the Primary presentation? Oh yes, I almost forgot, we got a new family portrait done by Emily Jones, and I couldn't be more happy with it! I think that's pretty much it.
P.S. As I proof this, I realized I kinda sound like a little kid listing "things I got" and I hate the way it sounds, I just don't want to forget the kindness people have shown me, and I meant it to sound more grateful than it does. But I really, truly am just grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment