It was a freezing, rainy Sunday at church today as we went for the first time as a family of five. Chloe and Carter were SO excited to bring their baby sister to church. Even though I was a little tired and sore from the day before, it was so good to see so many friendly, encouraging faces. I love my sisters in the gospel, and felt recharged after venting/listening to many of them today.
It's tough being a woman, isn't it?? I talked with a friend who is almost 9 months pregnant, feeling tired and uncomfortable and ready for her little one to make an arrival. I nursed and visited with a mom today who is fiercely devoted to trying to raise her two girls right, and is a wonderful mother. I chatted with a friend who is early in her pregnancy, feeling good and anxious to find out the sex of this little one to come in the spring. I visited with a friend who had just had her little girl not even 48 hours earlier, we nursed and compared labour stories. A friend vented about feeling "blue" and worn out from her 4 little ones, and asked about a multi-vitamin I was taking to help me with the same things I have felt in the past as well.
But you know what I think is so amazing? With all the hard, tough things all of these women were going through, or had just gone through, nobody was complaining! Everyone was just wanting to do better and be better for their families, go through anything necessary to have healthy, happy babies and children, and I found it really inspiring, and it made me feel a lot better.
As tough as it is, it is such a wonderful thing to be a mother, and a wife and I wouldn't trade it for a second, and I am so grateful for others who make me appreciate who I am and what my role is.
YAY! We're awesome, even though we don't always see it.
ReplyDelete