Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The past few days








I've said it a million times, but my kids are so lucky to have the best grandparents in the world on both sides. They've had a lot of fun this summer with all four of them. They really have the best of both worlds. They go to Nana's and have 7 cousins close in age to play with, and the go to my parents and they are spoiled with love and attention from a bunch of adults.

My mum and dad were nice enough to take our kids over night so we could go down to the city and have dinner with my sister and her boyfriend, then check out my brother and is wife's new place. We had a lot fun, the weather was beautiful and we went to a place called Utopia for dinner. It's on College in Toronto, and I HIGHLY recommend it. The food was so delicious and cheap! Plus the setting was so nice, the roof opened up, lanterns, just beautiful. This was our first time meeting my sister's new boyfriend, and we really had a good time. He was hilarious. Afterwards, we went to Dylan and Emily's to check out their new place. They just found out the are having a baby girl too! I am so excited that my Baby Claire will have a girl cousin just 2 months behind her. After Darryl and I got ice cream and felt really old being out so late and feeling tired.

In the morning I went to go get the kids at my parents, and had a really nice day at the park and just hanging out. My mum is a lot of the things I would like to be. My kids are in heaven there. She is a lot more relaxed, Eat when you feel like it, get dressed if you want to, spend most of the day outside, don't worry about making a mess, nothing is off limits. Pretty much the exact opposite of me most of the time. They soooooo enjoy it there.

That night (we had two date nights in a row, super lucky) we headed to Moxies's with all of Darryl's siblings and their spouses, again good food and good company. I ate a different variation of what I had ordered the night before, spinach salad with grilled chicken, nuts and lots of goat cheese. Even though we all live in the same town, we rarely get to do something like this all together, especially with none of the 9 children we have between us, so it was a real treat.

After that, Darryl's weekend really went down hill, feeling lousy and things went from bad to worse, ended up in the hospital Sunday night, came home Monday morning, and it's now Friday and he's starting to feel a little better. He has been to the Dr and has a number of tests that need to be run, and it's a little frustrating that some of then aren't until the 27th of October. I could write a really nasty post about how TERRIBLE my family Dr's office has been through this entire mess, but I'm not sure if you are allowed to do that sort of thing?

My good friend Sarah came up for the day and we had a lovely visit and she came along with us to regular crazy Wednesday night family dinner with all the Regimbal clan. The two oldest grand daughters got to spend the night at Nana's and have their nails and toes done, and much to their delight, sleep on an air mattress in the basement. Chlo's cousin Ava is pretty much her favourite person on the whole planet so she was tickled pink.

And now I feel like I'm packing the van for the 100th time this summer, as we prepare to go to Yogi Bear Jellystone Park for the weekend. My BFF runs the campground and the kids are soooooooo excited to sleep there tonight. I kind of am too. It's one of the few things we do in the summer just the 4 of us, and it's always relaxing and fun.

We've had a few dinners outside and fires at night, now that it's been a little cooler, oh yeah and I'm 32 weeks along! Not too much longer till baby Claire will be with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment