I went to my first OB appointment today. The last time I saw Dr.Vasudeva was back in December, when I was crying across a desk from her begging her to put me on fertility drugs again. It had been 1 year of trying and I wanted one more baby. She looked at me and told me to relax, I was young, and I would have a third baby. She would make sure of it. But she wasn't giving me any drugs yet. She suggested to take a break and not thinking about it. I had been told that many times before when trying to conceive Chlo, and it's very hard to do. But I trust this woman completely. And she was right. 4 weeks later I was pregnant. Not to share too much, but I was leaving for a girls weekend for my birthday with Laina and Mandy, as I was running around getting ready, I reminded Darryl I was ovulating and we needed to er, spend some "time" together in the next 20 minutes because I was leaving. Then I was out the door and didn't think about it again. A few days before Valentine's day we found out we were expecting Claire.
So today, I saw her for the first time since that sad day in December, 32 weeks pregnant. She hugged me and was so genuinely happy. I love that about her. I remember with my first ultra sound with Chlo, she was so great, she took her time, laughed about how cute she was and how this never got old for her. She joked how even in the womb Carter looked like Darryl, She delivered my almost 10 pound boy like nothing I had ever seen, it was like she just reached in and grabbed him. I didn't even feel like I was the one doing the work! She knows her stuff. She was building a home for her son, and Darryl was her architect for the project. I called him while he was in a meeting with her late one night. I didn't know she was the client he was with. I was crying, for no reason really, feeling nauseous and overwhelmed. She told him to tell me that she would see me in the morning because I was going to have that baby tomorrow, and not even 20 hours later Carter was in my arms.
Anyways, I am just so grateful for such a fabulous doctor, not just because of these few incidents, but because for all three of my pregnancies she has treated me with such care and compassion. Someone remarked to me once that it was such a shame Orangeville had such lousy obstetricians. I quickly piped up that I had been seen by 2 of the 3 in town (Dr. Umeh looked after Chloe's delivery because Dr. Vasudeva's son was getting married) and they were both fabulous in my case, and I really do feel very lucky to have had her as my OB.
What a special blessing! Relationships with doctors can be no fun. My first ob was a turkey! I was really grateful he wasn't there for the delivery!
ReplyDelete