I'm not always the best at expressing myself in writing as I have mentioned before, so when I come across something that I wish I could've written myself, only because it expresses exactly how I feel, I like to make note. A man wrote this about his feelings for his wife on a blog about marriage I came across:
"The other night over dinner we mourned the excitement of passing each other in the halls at school. It wasn't that long ago that her letters twisted me into knots and sneaking a kiss in the auditorium gave me a high that should have been illegal, but some days it feels like a lifetime ago. But trade that for the peace of waking up next to her? Of raising the kids with her that we made together? Trade it for nights in tears about bills or the loss of a job, the white-knuckled prayers on our knees together? If I could have another first kiss in exchange for a second of what we have now, I wouldn't take it. Never. No never, no never."
Darryl and I were really young when we first started to be friends. He remembers meeting me at a stake primary activity, which I don't exactly recall, but around 13 we started to hang out pretty regularly because we had the same group of friends in our stake. He was here in Orangeville and I lived in Bradford. And by the time I was in Grade 12, were dating pretty seriously.
I loved that time. I loved when he would call me before school in the morning. I loved when he would come pick me up after he was finished his classes at college and meet me at my locker. Internet was just starting to catch on, and getting e-mails through out the day about how exciting he was to see me just made me melt. When he was on his mission, I looked forward to his letters more than anything, especially that second year he was he was gone, it seemed to drag on forever. Those 5 months we were engaged I felt that "high" that man speaks about. Everything about Darryl excited me. I couldn't wait to start our life together. We hated saying goodnight or goodbye, even if it was only for a few hours at a time. I couldn't wait for him to come home from a shift at Johnson Controls and tackle him and kiss him before he would go off to his second job at Harveys.That first year we were married was by far, the happiest time of my life. I really didn't feel like there was an adjustment period at all, it was like we had always been together, and life was so good.
And it still is so very good. But different. I also "mourn" that exciting time, but would never trade then for what we have now. Darryl says he still feels the same as he did then, he just wonders why we don't make out all the time anymore.
I think this post needs some flash back photos. I would totally love to see pictures of you and Darryl in your teens! So fun that you've known each other so long. And I agree, I would never no never not in a million years ever trade my bestest friend in the universe for butterflies. And heck every once in a while I do get butterflies.
ReplyDelete