Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Manly Influence
As Carter sat in a pink princess chair with purple plastic heels on, looking at a Pinkalicious book yesterday, (I would've taken a picture, but our dumb flash is still broken) I thought to myself, we need some more boy stuff in this playroom. But that's not really the problem either, I look in the closet and we we have plenty of trucks and cars and tools and trains, he just wants to play whatever his sister is playing, and she has ZERO interest in anything other than dolls, strollers, Barbies and pink. So he goes along for the ride. They both really like playing in their pretend kitchen too. But most of the time they are going to "Walmart" with purses and babies and strollers. And you know, I really don't mind. And in 9 weeks with another sister around the corner, I don't see things changing anytime soon. My mom had 2 girls and 1 boy in 5 years, and she always reminds me my brother was the same way with my sister and I, and he was MVP of every team he played on in high school, and was top male athlete 4 years in a row and didn't play anything but house and Barbies for the first 5 years of his life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You can come over here anytime and Carter can play with Kate's trains and cars! She sort of likes her dolls too...
ReplyDelete