I still have so much to blog about June, but I thought I would write about this week before I forget.....
Saturday June 25th was Chloé's birthday party. To say I love my kids birthday parties would be an understatement, more on that day later....(it was the same day as the Thomas S. Monson Camp dedication, we were sad to miss that, as the Prophet was there to dedicate it, but it would've been a long (6 hours round trip) wet (it rained the whole day) trip with little guys.
Ryan and Laina and their 2 boys spent the night and Darryl made an awesome big breakfast for us before we headed off to church, then his fam came over to finish off the birthday leftovers. Then on Monday, Darryl and I were so stoked to go to see The Mormon Tabernacle Choir. My mum and brother went to the matinée performance and came to sleepover/baby-sit while we went to the evening show. It was such a great night, we went to Dunn's, (a restaurant we love, that we hadn't been to since before we had kids) before the show. When we got there, we realized the Prophet was there addressing a small crowd before the show. We got as close as we could and listened to him and his daughter speak. It is a pretty cool thing to be 10 feet away from the prophet. We watched lots of our friends go up and shake hands and hug him, but it was enough for me just to see him so close, and to be honest he looked so tired, I almost didn't want to bother him, I almost wanted to tell the crowd to leave him alone so he could sit down! Our seats were right next to the soprano section. The orchestra was amazing, and I had no clue on of my favourite LDS artists, Alex Boye was a guest soloist. It was fantastic.
The next morning was fast and furious, as my family had spent the night so they could attend Chlo's pre-school graduation. She will be returning for one more year in the fall, but they do a little end of the year ceremony and it was so adorable. I was convinced she wouldn't say a word, I warned my parents I was sure she would be too shy to perform. But she really blew me away. She was so intent and listened to every instruction her teacher (Nana) gave her. She was so darn cute I wanted to jump up there and kiss her face off. She did all the cute actions, and sang her little heart out. I was so proud all day, her report card, and just how far she's come the past 6 months. Not only at Kinderclub, which has been fabulous for her, but even how much I've noticed such a difference in her, and I honestly have felt a lot of guilt because I think of all the things I sort of pushed her to do at the old age of 2, when she just wasn't ready, and now I see it all coming so naturally.
No comments:
Post a Comment