Saturday, July 16, 2011

Let's Play Ball!


So many things to post for this month, but just wanted to quickly post this.
Last night we had the rare opportunity to go out on a double date with some friends of ours. They invited us to the Jays game, and we had such a good time. Darryl and I have large families we spend a lot of time with, so we don't always have a lot of spare time to go out with friends, and we miss that a little. Our friends are in the same boat (in the large family department) and we have been trying to make plans for awhile, so when they called we were happy it worked out.

We had such a good time. I felt like I was 18 again, out with my boyfriend and friends, I know that sounds weird, especially being almost 7 months pregnant, but I don't know if it was being in the city, or good company or no kids, but it was delightful. We have a lot in common, Darryl and Drew both served their missions in France, and Kelly and I (who is almost 6 months pregnant) are the same age and have had all our kids within weeks of each other, and have lots to vent about having both had (almost) 3 kids in 3 years. It was such a fun night. We were in a pretty rowdy section, so there was lots of entertainment in the stands, 3 guys jumped the barricade and rushed the field, and the Jays beat the Yankees 7-1, so we were all happy about that. Well, almost all of us, Kelly is from New York City. It was great. I did think that Derek Jeter looked shorter than he does on the television though. My Dad and brother were at the game too, watching from the other side of the field and had some funny stories of drunken fans in their section being handcuffed and escorted out. All in all, a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment