Well, today I have to say was not as hard as I thought it was going to be with no media in our home. We got a lot accomplished and it was almost nice to not have to respond to an email or have that urgency to see what was going on in the facebook world. We had family home evening, and family prayer as well as a few other things, but let me just point out things were by no means "perfect". I swear if my children were older they most likely would've thought I was bi-polar tonight between the hours of 5-7pm. One minute we are rocking out to Celebrating the Light, the next minute I'm yelling at Carter for head-butting me and smacking me, as Chloé proceeded to pee through her big girl panties all over the floor. I still lost my temper with my sister, I still didn`t clean the ensuite bathroom I've been trying to clean for almost a week now, I still am nauseous and exausted all the time, hence the first trimester of pregnacy, but there was WAY more positive things today than negative, so that's what I'm going to share, because I do believe this experiment will be a positive experience for our family, I just didn't want to give the wrong impression of perfection over night :)
One thing I loved about today was having the uplifting music be the only real "noise" in our house. I didn't realize till today, that usually in the late afternoon I have Disney Princess Sing-a-longs blaring from one tv upstairs and Toy Story blaring from another. I didn't miss that at all.
Family Home Evening was good, we talked about the wise man building his house upon the rock and coloured a poster a sister at church gave us yesterday depicting the two houses. To my surprise, Chloé already knew the song form nusery.
I loved doing a quiz with Darryl on the prophets of the church that we found in the January Ensign, that I just got around to reading today. We learned a lot we didn't know, like Joseph F. Smith was only 15 when he went on a mission to Hawaii, Howard W. Hunter and Thomas S. Monson were the only two prophets to be bishops, and Wilford Wooddruff broke bones in his arms and legs, accidentally split his foot with an ax, was bitten a rabid daog, had his leg crushed by falling trees, nearly died blood poisioning, nearly drowned, nearly froze to death, and survived the wreck of a speeding train. There's a few tidbits for ya.
I loved how much time we spent in my favourite, yet rarely used room in our house, the living room. I love this room, and it was so nice to sit in there with our scriptures and church mags, rather than our bed watching a movie or on our laptops.
More good tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment