Monday, March 7, 2011

Media Fast


Our stake president has encouraged us to participate in a media fast this week in preparation for stake conference this weekend. The idea is to be able to tune in spiritually while shutting out the "noise" of the world.

We don't have TV, but we have decided to not to watch movies, or our shows we follow online, no facebook, no hotmail, no browsing the web, (other than a few inspirational blogs I follow, listening to the Mormon Channel and banking) and even more than what we have decided not to do, we have decided to DO a few things more faithfully:

Family Prayer
Uplifting music in the mornings
Family Home Evening
Complete the Stake February Scripture Reading
Personal Prayer
Journal Writing

I am excited for a quiet week. I am anxious to see what the Spirit has been trying to tell me while I've been on Facebook and watching Brothers and Sisters. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. My parents are doing this.

    They're both going INSANE. hahaha

    ReplyDelete