Sunday, January 9, 2011

Holiday Wrap-Up



















My oh my I have been slacking in the bloggin department and so much has happened. Best Christmas ever, lots of ups and downs beforehand, and then double ear infections afterwards, but my goodness, on the whole this holiday season was so great.

For Darryl's birthday we went away to to Niagara Falls to do our Christmas shopping and my parents kept the kids for the weekend and took them to their ward Christmas party. We had a 50th birthdya party for my Dad at our house, we made gingerbread houses with cousins at Nanas, we baked and baked and then we baked some more (including Darryl's favourite, canouches little meatballs wrapped in pizza dough)and I did some baking with Becky and her sweet sister, the ward Christmas party was really fun, Darryl organized the youth wait staff, my best friend Melissa threw a beautiful Christmas dinner party, we had a sleepover at Grandma's farm and baked hundreds of goodies. My sisters and I have been doing this with Grandma for years, I love this tradtion. This year I did manage to forget everything I packed for the kids, I didn't even remember a diaper, but my Grandpa made a trip to town and we survived. The Christmas Sacrament presentaion was so beautiful, the musical numbers were so lovely and the Spirit was so strong. I read a beautiful book called a Christ Centerd Christmas, a book I think I will read every Christmas season. One of my favourite things about the Christmas season is the movies. I love to watch White Christmas while I wrap or bake, or A Charlie Brown Christmas with the kids while they played. Terri-Ann had a really fun Christmas sing-song for the kids with yummy gingerbread cake, I took Chloé to her first Theatre Orangeville Christmas production, she was so sweet and so excited, Christmas Eve day we had our tradtional lunch with the Gothes, so fun, the time always flies by so fast when we talk to them. Christmas Eve Fondue at Uncle Warren's with great food and games, went home watched It's a Wonderful Life and finished wrapping like we always do. Christmas morning here was perfect, the kids were so excited, they loved their water cooler and popcorn maker, we watched Strawberry Shortcake Big Country Farm in our bed, had a nap, watched a Christmas Carol, went to Gran and Papa's for Christmas dinner, Auntie Char came back to our house and we had a quiet boxing day at home with Carter who was under the weather, watched Nine and had a nap, (did I mention I love naps?) We stuck to a one Christmas party per day policy and it made things so much more enjoyable (after last years 5 Christmas's in 30 hours, we said never again) Had Darryl's family and the missionaries on the 27th for supper, that when everyone started to get sick, ear infections all around. We had fun playing games with Gothes, New Year's Eve day was so fun, actually I think it was my favourite. We cooked supper on a raclette with the kids, just like Darryl used to on his mission in Frace, went to KayCee Gardens to see the lights one more time (definitely the highlight of Chloé's holiday) New Year's Day we dropped in to see the Mendreks, and then had a lovely dinner and visit at my parents. That was our holiday season in a nutshell. Other than a few overtired tantrums, the occasional epidose of family drama and the five pounds I gained, I'd say things were pretty much perfect:)

No comments:

Post a Comment