Thursday, January 27, 2011

2011 thus far....

As January comes to a close I am happy to say I have yet to catch the winter blahs, and I think this is due to Mr. Treadmill. He moved into Uncle Dylan's old room. We've become very close, he and I. Not only that, I think my husband may love him as much as I do. We are both sore, but we love it. Darryl has lost 25 pounds and I've lost 14 since Christmas. It is the best thing we have ever done. We are always both very motivated in January to get healthy, so I am really hoping this sticks.

I turned 28, went on a road trip to Buffalo to shop for a weekend and eat Olive Garden with Mandy, Liv and Laina. Fab. Minus the huge snow storm.

We have had regular FHE, scripture study, and went to the temple (like I mentioned, always very motivated at the begining of the year, hope it sticks)

We are round two of ear infections this year alerady. Ugh.

Loving the shows Parenthood and Brothers and Sisters.

HBC sold Zellers to Target. First stores to open in Canada 2013. Best news ever. I love how all of my family and friends tried to get a hold of me the day this happened to hear my reaction.

SO COLD this month! Darryl and I have made a habit of falling asleep on the couches in the basement with the fireplace on. Not good for the back.

Miss Chloé is loving Kinderclub. She got a nasty bite on the cheek from another little girl at school this week, and Darryl and I both had the instant reaction to pull her out and wait till September, but she is really, really loving it, and as much as I would like to keep her in our own little world for a little while longer, I do think she will benefit from those 6 hours a week. I also didn't have the heart to tell her she couldn't go to school anymore, especially since she is so excited already SO excited to hand out her valentines she has been working on. And it's more than that, the more we thought about it, and after some good advice, the pros out weighed the cons. She has loved learning about dinosaurs, having a lunch bag and a waterbottle. I can't get her to eat breakfast on the mornings she goes. She says "I can eat at school, I have my lunch bag". She loves her princess cup, her beloved blankie, All Bran bites, the musical Annie and her friends.

Carter is keeping us on our toes these days. You leave the room for one second and come back and he is standing on the middle of the dining room table. His diet consists of cereal, toast and peanut butter, bananas, blueberries, anything with sugar in it, broccoli dipped in ranch dressing and that is IT. I am getting a little tired of this. I don't remember the last time he had any meat, different kind of veggie, nothing. He loves to play "sleeping bunnies" over and over and over. He wants to stay at school with is sister when he drops her off. He loves Tuesday morning library trips with Dad. He is sneaky, stubborn and Mr. Independant.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment