Friday, February 4, 2011

A Week in Review....




It was a pretty great week. Went to my Mom's for my recent birthday, so fun. I used to wear a shirt all the time that said "Families are Forever" when I was little. My mom decided to make me an adult-sized one for me and I absolutely love it.


Monday Darryl and I took a day off, cleaned the house, played, then took the kids to Boston Pizza. Chloé absolutely LOVED it. She loved the colouring, the ordering form the menu, she thought it was just great. Carter enjoyed eating an unreasonable amount plum sauce with a spoon. Going out to eat is something we rarely do as a family, Darryl had received a gift card for some drawing he had done, so we thought Chloé would like it, and boy did she ever.


Tuesday nothing too exciting, lots of hype about a huge snow storm that turned out to be true. Man did we get dumped on, about 35 cm. So, schools were closed on Wednesday, which I thought would be fun, but turns out I was a really lousy, impatient mom on Wednesday, so it kinda sucked.



Thursday was absolutely fabulous. We played, laughed, decorated for Valentine`s Day, nobody hit or head-butted each other, we just had a really great day. Funny how things can be so different from one day to the next. The day ended nicely as well, since our bishop called and invited us over to watch their son open his mission call. What an awesome experience to be a part of. He was surprised he was sent to Calgary!


Friday morning I had taken another day off to be part of a really great service project our church is doing to help a native community in northern Ontario. It's a really good feeling to help. With kids in tow, I headed to the chapel for the morning. There was a sweet 6 week old little baby that Chloé and her friend Charlotte could not get enough of. After a quick stop at Dairy Queen with the kids I got home and thought I'd take a pregnancy test. I didn't want to really. I was 9 days late, but hadn't felt nauseous or tired, and I was sure this would be my 13th month of being disappointed I wasn't pregnant.


So I took three. Actually 5. I had 2 duds.
All and all it was a pretty good week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: