My Dad calls Carter by the new name of "Tarter Sauce". Since Chloe can't say her C's she calls him "Tarter" and my Dad thought this was the greatest thing ever. I cannot believe my little roly-poly baby boy is a whole year old! Darryl and I each write a letter to our kids on their birthdays, so here goes my little man...
Carter Boy,
My darling, where do I begin, you sweet thing you? I remember when I went for an ultra sound to see if you were a boy or a girl. I was positive that you were a girl named Claire, when they told us you were a boy, my heart sank for a tenth of a second because I was wrong, and then it lept because I was going to a SON! I was shocked and thrilled. I would have the chance to raise a boy, a man, wow. I'd get to have a boy to send on a mission, a boy to always be sweet and have a soft spot for his mama (I hope) a boy that would remind me of his Dad, who I love oh so very much. And man alive, you could not remind me of your Dad any more than you do now as a one-year-old clone of him. You are one in the same. The dimples, the sweetness, the sensitivity, the ear tugging, the tummy trouble, the croup, the love of food, the kindness, the sense of humour, but most of all it's that face. I need to scan some pics of your dad at this age, because you look so similar. And I couldn't be more pleased about that.
But more about you. You are into this head-banging thing lately that worries me a bit sometimes. Anything doesn't go your way you smack your head off whatever is closest, but sometimes it's even just for fun and you get a kick out of it. And sometimes it's really funny. But mostly I'm worried you're going to crack yourself too hard one day. You love grapes, pasta, potatoes, broccoli, but most of all CAKE. You have a real sweet tooth and your sister only likes the icing, but you like it all so you usually end up eating both cupcakes, cake, whatever is going. You still love to flap your arms when your tired, and like your sister, you have a love affair with your blankie. You love music. Any beat and you start moving. You are so sweet and easy going. You are content and happy and endering. People are drawn to you my darling. So often I have people say to me "there's just something about him" or "I don't normally like babies other than my own, but he's so sweet" I'm pretty fond of you too. You're Mama's boy and I love you xoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment