Monday, October 25, 2010

Thanksgiving


I know I'm late, but I just didn't want to let this marvelous hoilday pass without recording something about how wonderful it was. It is one of my very favourite holidays, and the weather this year made it all the better. The sun was shining for almost the entire three days. My kids really love their extended family so it was really nice (and VERY lucky) that they were able to see about 30 of them within the span of three days. I am going to be completely honest, (since this is my journal I feel that's only right that) I love all of my family and all holidays with all of my heart, but my goodness sometimes it's a lot of work getting everywhere we need to be to see the people we need to see. For a minute, before every holiday I have that tiny moment of mixed emotion where I am excited for us all to be togehter, but part of me wants to cozy up by my own fire and make my own turkey and just be the four of us. But we (and I say we because my husband is a HUGE help in this department) push up our sleeves and we pack the 2 playpens, 2 babas, 2 blankies, 2 cd players and dozens of diapers and we just do it. But ya know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without making the trip to my grandma and grandpa's farm with my entire family, going apple picking at the Farmer's Pantry, or going to Beaver Valley and seeing the unbelieveable colours of the season, or going to my husband's parents and having my favourite sweet potatoes and watching the kids shoot paintballs at a cut out turkey. And you know what? I don't think we can take for granted for a minute the fact that every parent, grandparent, aunt uncle and cousin on either side of our family within an hour from our house. Lots of people aren't as fortunate. And you know what? It was so much fun. And it always is.

No comments:

Post a Comment