Monday, November 15, 2010

Good









This weekend was just a really good, and all though I have a list of 20 others things I want to blog about, I thought I would just be share about the good, simple things that have happened the past couple of days. Nothing particularly eventful, just good.

Saturday morning Darryl headed off to build a float for our church to ride in the Santa Claus parade, which turned out so awesome. The kids and I put up the Christmas tree and finished putting out the decorations. They were so patient and good and sweet. When your children are 1 and 2 you don't have too many days like that. But they were, and it was so good. Maybe they've always been this fabulous but I'm just noticing lately because I am working on being more patient. Ha. Anyways it was good. There are so many cute pictures that I would post but they were both naked for most of the afternoon for some reason. And it's so funny, Chloé absolutely loves this one christmas song that I loved when I was little. Jingle Bells by Barbra Striesand. My mum had it on viynl and I would play it over and over and over again and drive my family crazy. Well, I guess this weekend was payback, because everytime that song would finish Chloe would cry "again mommy again" so I heard it about 420 times. Isn't it funny how silly things like that happen? Carter loved the tree. He just kept pointing at it. It was so cute. Sunday was a busy, Chloe came to ward choir with me in the morning, where my friend had put together something so beautiful to perform. Sacrament meeting was crazy, the kids were a liitle nuts. But then a miracle happen. As soon as we said the closing prayer Chloe noticed her nursery leader walk by and she just ran up to her and took her hand and went to class. Just like that. No tears, no bribing. Nothing. She just went! My lesson on the Holy Ghost went well, I took Chloe with me to a lovely baby shower in the afternoon and then went to stake choir in Barrie in the evening, which was also very lovely. First practice I haven't had an awful cold. I got home to a clean house all lit up with 1200 white lights on the staircase and tree, had banana bread Darryl and made and watched a good movie and had a sleepover in the basement with my man. It was a good. Monday we made gingersnaps and decorated a mini tree in Chloe's room my grandma gave her for family home evening. There is so much to be grateful for, and I am truly grateful.

1 comment:

  1. yay Heather! It looks beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person! I am putting all my stuff upt this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete