I feel like the past few days have been a whirlwind. A wonderful one filled with lots of good things, but a whirlwind none the less.
Took Friday off to take my baby for his shots first thing in the morning, then banking and errands, then off to Bradford. Awesome visit with my parents, pizza for supper, then with my little brother and kids in tow, we headed back to Orangeville for a Christmas Primary activity that my sister-in-law worked so hard to organize and the kids loved so much. Then when I got home Darryl went back to the church to put our ward's float together for the Santa Claus parade. Then again at 5:30am on Saturday he went back to work on it, came home at 10am so I could go speak at Relief Society Christmas Craft Day with my good friend on a book we read called 21 Days Closer to Christ. Both my friend and I had husbands working on this float all hours, and we also had 2 restless baby boys, but with her calming words and a quick prayer the presentation went well. After the presentation I rushed back to clean the house and prepare for the Santa Claus Parade. The kids loved it, and the float was just beautiful. We had a great time and then headed back to our house with some friends for food and fun. Stayed up too late, which made Sunday morning tricky getting out the door, especially since Darryl was speaking. Sunday afternoon was lovely with a nap, movie and roast beef dinner and Sunday night's Stake Choir practice was the best one yet, and my solo is finally (kinda)coming together. Between Darryl and I we made 6 different trip to the church or the stake center since Friday, which sounds kinda nuts, but you know what? It was awesome, and isn't that what it's all about? Giving your time and your talents to the Lord? I hope our children will be able to see how much joy and happiness the gospel fills our family with as we serve willingly. I hope they will always see it as a joy and not a chore. I feel like that will have a lot to do with my attitude and how I approach oppourtunities to serve. Like not "mummuring" the way I was Saturday morning when Darryl was still at the chapel when I was supposed to be leaving and grumbling about how craft day on the same day as this parade was too much work for families, etc. But really, sitting here Monday afternoon and reflecting back, I am so grateful for all the chances I had to feel the Spirit as we went on our way this weekend. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment