Something about cool weather makes me want to be in the kitchen. I always make something I like a few times and forget about it, and think why haven't I made that in awhile? And I like to pass on good recipes, so I thought I would post a few here. We have had a cooking bonanza here this weekend, and here are some of the things we made:
Jenna's Easy Pleasy Meatloaf
2 lb. lean ground beef
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Turkey
1 cup water
2 eggs, beaten
1 onion, diced
1/2 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce, divided
Mix 1/4 cup bbq sauce and all other ingredients in a large Ziploc bag for easy clean up, or a bowl. Form into loaf and place in 9x13 baking dish. Top with remaining bbq sauce and bake one hour.
Chicken Rolls...Somebody (can't remember who)in Alberta gave me this recipe, it's Darryl's fave
1 pkg Pillsbury Crescent Roll
2 cooked chicken breasts chopped
i can sliced mushrooms
1 cup chopped broccoli
4 oz softened cream cheese
1 can mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
3 cups breadcrumbs
Mix chicken, mushrooms, broccoli and cream cheese. Fill crescent roll with this mixture, brush roll with melted butter and roll in breadcrumbs. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until brown. Heat soup and milk and pour on top of rolls after they come out of the oven.
Kara's Oreos
2/3 cup oil
2 boxes devils food cake mix
4 eggs
Icing:
4 ounces cream cheese
1 cup butter
3 cup icing sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Mix together and roll into balls and bake at 350 for no longer than 8 minutes, fill with icing
Heather's Chili
2 cans crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1 green pepper
1 large onion
1 can beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can corn
1.5 pounds ground beef
Salt, Pepper, and Chili powder to taste
Brown meat and onions, and throw everything in a pot and let simmer for 3 hours.
Easy Cinnamon Buns
I make the dough from Robin Hood's Bread and Roll mix, (use half the bag)so easy, you get it at Zehrs
Filling:
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1 pkg vanilla pudding mix
Mix all of this in a bowl with 1/4 cup melted butter. Roll out your bread dough after it has risen for 45 minutes. Roll into rectangle, spread filling right to the edges, roll up and slice, place in greased baking dish and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Top with your favourite cream cheese icing/
Autumn Soup
1 can pumpkin
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup apple juice
1 diced onion
1 cooked butternut squash
1/8 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp cloves
3 diced apples
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup whole milk
salt and pepper to taste
Saute onions in butter, throw everything else in the pot, add onions, cook on low 3 hours and puree.
I still have gingersnaps, cabbage rolls and apple crisp to make, I'll post those recipes soon....I'm hungry.
No comments:
Post a Comment