I have a terrible memory. The worst. So I love love the fact that I am able to remember this. When My Chloé was about 15 months old we took her to Downey's Farm. She had just learned to walk and was completely enamored by the hundreds of pumpkins. She giggled, she laughed, and did her best to navigate her way through the giant sea of orange on her not so sturdy feet. I remember everything about that afternoon. Darryl and I just stood back and watched her as we became rather emotional about the fact that we no longer had an infant, but a toddler on our hands. I remember what she was wearing. Really cute jeans and a brown coat from my friend Meghann and the cutest hat, a hand-me-down from my dear friend Careylee. She tried so hard to lift a pumpkin that weighed ten times as much as she did and put it in her wagon. I loved that day. I did, however spend a good portion of that afternoon kicking myself that I forgot the camera.
So this year I made sure not to forget the camera. But even though I have about a 100 pictures from this day, I am sure I will never forget it. I won't forget how much they both love to headbutt each other, and how hilarious they think it is. I won't forget Carter's face plant and fat lip. I won't forget Darryl and Chloé on the pirate ship, Carter's meltdown and his love for the llama, the 3 other baby boys there named Carter, the stem of the pumpkin I broke when I sat on it for a picture with Chloé, the perfect weather, how grateful I am for a husband who gets so excited to anything just the four of us, and who is patient with me when I want to just stay home and clean because trying to get out the door without destroying the house in the process is too much work. Nope. It was all too good to forget.
I so want to take Kate there, that looks like an AWESOME farm! We went to Puck's - bad news bears!
ReplyDelete