Friday, February 12, 2010

The Ladies





This picture's an old one, but I wanted to take a minute to post about these ladies. Last night was amazing. Being with really good friends and just talking and laughing is like free therapy. These girls have been friends of mine forever, some of them 20 years, and when we get together it's always a good time. Because of that long history, reminiscing is one of our favourite things to do. We can go from kindergarten to present day and remember all the hilarious antics. Sleepovers, camping, road trips, pulling pranks, weddings, so many fun times. I love that feeling of laughing so hard you think you may explode or pee your pants. I can think of so many times when these 3 girls were there for me, and I want to record it so I never forget. Standing up for me in high school when I needed someone to have my back and a shoulder to cry on, making me awesome scrapbooks and mixed cd's for my plane ride to Alberta when I was leaving for college and so scared, awesome birthday parties, showing up with beautiful flowers and kind words on the day Darryl and I found out it was going to be difficult for us to have kids, flying in for surprise visits to celebrate engagements and pregnancies so the four of us could celebrate together, being there for me when I had my kids with the best baby showers and the best advice, and continuing to be there for them as they've grown, I could go on and on. We are all at different points of our lives, home with babies, newly married and pregnant, in medical school, busy career, etc. but I don't know where I would be without good friends, these 3 especially. This whole post has been a little cheese (and I know they might tease me about this later, lol) but I really mean it. There is nothing like it. Love you Mel,Or and Val xo

No comments:

Post a Comment