Wow, well we are still here! Home most of the time, lots and lots of time with family and occasional visits with small groups of friends. It's such a strange time. I love not having the hustle and bustle and busy schedules and worry a lot about what it will feel lie to go back to work, school, church and sports. I love the slow pace and our schedule being wide open to do as we please, but there has been lots of things we had planned to do that have been cancelled because of the virus:
BYUI Graduation
Chloe's Birthday Party
Banff/Cardston
Palmyra Pageant
Girls Camp
Family Camp
Youth Leadership
Mommy and Me Camp
Washington DC Temple Dedication
It's a weird feeling. I feel sad for awhile, but then I feel guilty being heartbroken over these things because so many I know have been through job loss, wedding cancelations, no prom, no visiting loved ones, and sickness and loss without proper funerals. It makes my traditions and plans seem small, but I can't help in being disappointed from time to time. It saved us a lot of money not travelling at all, so we bought 2 new vehicles and made a plan to save some money and pay off our mortgage quicker, which was really liberating. We made lot big decisions about finances, goals for our kids and their mental/physical health, house projects and long term career goals. I had time to think clearly about things instead of flying by the seat of my pants and only being able to think day to day. I lost 10 pounds then gained 12 back, so I'll have to do something about that at some point.
I feel that I went from having 101 things to do between family, school, church, work, friends, etc. to having nothing but time, and my poor Darryl's load has not been lightened at all. He graduated when I did and jumped right into a Post Bach program and has more on the go than ever. At the end of this summer, he will achieved 28 credits in 4 months (from 3 different online schools) needed for his Masters in Education program that luckily is online now in the fall. Originally he was going to Buffalo every other weekend for the next 16 months. Neither one of us ever planned on graduate school, but he feels really motivated to head in this direction, so it's a mad dash to the finish line in September so he can start this next journey. He still runs his own business full time, serves on the High Council, Stake YM's president, teaches Institute ever week and still manages to be there for all of us. The list goes on and on and I wish I could help him more. His days are jammed packed and we are lesuirely sleeping in and doing as we please, so I wish he could breathe a little easier.
We try and do some fun things to pass the time. Thank heavens for cousins on both sides. They have saved my children's sanity. Lot's of FaceTime, swimming, sleeping in the tent, making slime, Tik Toks, ice cream and slurpees. They are so lucky to have each other.
I haven't been super motivated these last few days. I was accomplishing a lot before July hit, but now my motivation for all things house is at an all time low, but I have a feeling that even if school goes back, extra cirricular basketball and regular youth activities will not be starting up right in September and I will have time to do some more house stuff. Oh well. That's where we are at folks!
Projects I completed during COVID:
Garage cleaned out and organized
Spray paint patio furniture
New rugs and lights in the backyard
Rake all the leaves in the front and back
Repair dishwasher
Finish BYUI
Deep clean all 4 bathrooms
Deep clean all 4 bedrooms
Paint Carter's room and give it a makeover, new furniture, etc.
Wash upstairs hardwood and stairs
Clean out storage room
Put winter clothes away
Clean out hall closet and broom closet
Clean out white sideboard and organize games
Clean out kitchen cabinets
Clean out refrigerator
Take a load to the dump
Wash Pier One chairs and move them to the basement
Move bookshelf downstairs
Collect clothes for Diabetes pick up
Organize linen closet
Organize photo albums and put number stickers on them
Basement baseboards
Clean out mudroom
YW Graduation gift bags
Organize all home schooling/home church supplies
Put together a collection of my fave recipes in a binder
Clean out furnace room
Organize and deep clean playroom
Clean out deep freezer and meal plan
Clean my oven
Order diplomas and frames
Organize sheet music
Wash all bathmats and bedroom curtains
Wallpaper Claire's bedroom
Change up photos in the living room
No comments:
Post a Comment