Monday, April 21, 2014

Spring Cleaning


Spring throws me into crazy mode. I want everything in order. Taxes done, summer holidays planned, house and car cleaned, every drawer and closet organized. I looooove doing this kind of thing. Thanks to Kijiji and a patient/helpful husband, I think now we are just about finished everything on that giant to-do list, and so I am ready for the good weather to arrive. In the past 6 weeks we have really done a lot. It's been really crazy lately, just with work, school, church, girls camp planning, but now that the house is completely de-cluttered, everything seems much more manageable So glad we were able to accomplish a few things:

-cleaned out the basement toy/storage areas
-took old basement couches to the dump, got new/old ones
-took Claire's crib down, got a big girl bed for Claire
-took Chloe's bed down and painted her new queen bed white
-renewed our mortgage and moved all our business/personal stuff to one bank
-organized all the clothes, closets, go ready for school clothing drive
-bought a new/old van (love it) changed insurance
-filled our old van with all the junk from the garage and basement and took it to the dump
-enrolled the kids in a summer gymnastics/swimming 1/2 day camp for the week I'm at girls camp
-ran a 5 km for organ donation awareness
-tuned up Darryl's bike and got him all set for Enbridge Ride for the Cure
-finalized about a million things for Girls Camp
-booked family summer holidays to Palmyra, Nauvoo, Yogi Bear, camp, cottage
-booked our 10 year anniversary temple road trip to DC, NYC and Boston in August
-got tubes put in Carter's ears because he had so much fluid in there
-booked hearing, eyes and other over due DR appointments
-winter stuff washed and put away

Luckily our YW fundraiser is a spring cleaning one, and the girls are looking to clean baseboards, wash windows, etc. to raise money for camp, so I will be sure to have them come in and do some of that dirty work for me, while supporting a good cause.

I also love the spring timing of General Conference. Getting things "spiritually" in order is just as crucial for me as spring cleaning. It was awesome having my brother and his family all weekend to share our special conference traditions with.

Bring on spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment