Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Little Man



My sweet Carter, my darling middle boy, in working on completing your baby book, I realized I was missing this letter I started but didn't quite get a chance to complete for your 4th birthday, so here it is.

My goodness, how in the world did you ever get to be 4 years old my Carter?? 4 years old is like a "real" little boy. No more toddler anything. You go to Junior Kindergarten, you can read a few words, you love playing basketball Saturday mornings with Daddy and Hudson, you are growing up so fast.

You love any game/scheme Chloe comes up with and drags you into. She is your favourite person and has really looked out for you at school and on the bus. She'll often come and find you at recess and give you a big hug and you love that. You are an awesome big brother to Claire. One of your favourite games to play with her is "party". You guys put on your winter hats, gloves and weird scarves and turn up the music full blast. Claire always yells "turn up Carter" and you turn the volume as high and it will go. You go and get her a purse and glasses and usually get my robe slip and tie it around your head.

You love Jake and the Neverland Pirates, lego, trains, and building fort after fort after fort. Sometimes you call them "cushion piles". You love gymnastics and have gotten really good at balancing on the beam and doing your front rolls. You are kind and sensitive and sweet. And funny! You're one liners crack us up constantly. You can be very stubborn, and it's hard to change your mind. You love building  houses out of throw pillows. You love to draw houses on Daddy's desk with him. You love the Raptors, especially DeRozan, except when we were watching the game last weekend you kept saying "Go DeRozan!" and Claire would scream at you "Carter, it not Frozen, it baski-ball!!!"

I love you my little man. You and I are going to hospital in the morning so you can have tubes put in your ears. You have never had an ear ache or infection, but you have trouble hearing because of fluid, so hoping and praying all goes well tomorrow.

We are so lucky to have you in our family. I love your blue eyes and sweet dimples. I love your laugh when you think something is hilarious. I love your "matter of fact" answers to questions. I love you even though you tell me ever night you hate what I make for supper. I don't know how you live on plain pasta, raisin bran, and yogurt drinks, but you do.

Every night you tell me you love me a million. Well, I love you a million too my one and only son.

No comments:

Post a Comment