Saturday, January 18, 2014

A New Year!

I love the "fresh start" feeling the new year brings. I had three resolutions I really wanted to stick to:

-Read the Book of Mormon everyday
-Go to the temple a least once a month (doing this last year was awesome)
-100 sit-ups a day, exercise 3 times a week
-Meaningful FHE every Monday in 2014

Today is January 18 and I have been able to stick to all of these so far. Here's hoping it continues.

I sometimes like to have a word, motto, phrase or scripture that I focus on for the year. Usually it's something clever or profound or spiritual. But this year it came to me so strongly what I should do. I don't always have clear answers to prayer or distinct impressions, but this most definitely was.

Try your best and don't freak out.

That's all. Simple and exactly what I need to remind myself of daily.

This year has already proved to be an exciting one, we started the new year off with 3 stitches in Carter's chin and a sprained finger for Darryl, but after that things ran a lot smoother (try your best and don't freak out, right?) we've seriously considered buying some property and building outside of town. We've spent the last three weeks drawing our dream home and getting a builder, now the difficult part will be getting permission from the Niagara Escarpment Committee to allow us to build on the land and cut down the trees necessary to clear a spot for the house. It may be a long process to get permission, but I'm not in any huge rush, if it's meant to be, it will be. But I would be perfectly content to stay here too.

In light of the continuing Frozen obsession, we booked a last minute trip to Disneyworld to meet Anna and Elsa next Friday. Can't wait for some sunshine. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment