Carter watches Chipwrecked everyday. The first thing he will ask for when he comes home is Alvin. Since he has school 3 mornings a week, gymnastics, a weekly play date with his cousins, etc. I do let him sit there for 90 minutes every afternoon and he is in his glory. Chlo enjoys it almost as much. He grins the entire time. I can't wait till after supper tonight, we ordered "The Squeakquel" from Amazon and we are going to surprise them after Claire goes to bed.
He is really doing well with his printing. He can almost write his name independently, and can recognize every letter in the alphabet. He loves learning new things, it's something I really admire about him.
He loves to skateboard in the house. He isn't up on his feet just yet, but he is trying so hard. Darryl is a great skateboarder and I can't wait till the nice weather is here so they can practice outside and not on my poor hardwood.
The doctor wants to put tubes in his ears because her has a build up of fluid that needs to be drained. We are still on the fence about doing it, only because he has never had an ear infection or complained about his ears, and he speaks quite well. He does have a hard time hearing when he has a cold. I am not really 100% sure what to do. I have heard not so great things about the doctor who would be doing the procedure, so maybe a second opinion is in order.
Chlo's obsessions these days continue to be lip gloss, straight hair, staying up late, real "deep stuff". She loves watching this Temple Square flash mob video over and over again on you tube. Darryl showed it to the kids after scriptures one morning and she asks for it now every morning.
She has turned into quite the little reader and has really impressed me with progress. She loves the new home reading program her teacher has implemented since Christmas and she can't wait to get a new book each school day. She is a good big sister, always willing to help me when I need her. When she goes to school, I really realize how much I do ask of her and how sweet she is to always run and get a diaper, pass Claire her bottle, etc. She is such a good example. She can't wait till Claire is out of her crib because she wants bunk beds to share with her. She always reminds Claire when she turns three, they will get to sleep together. It melts my heart.
Speaking of Claire, my goodness, has that girl come out of her shell. She is loud, busy, exhausting and hilarious all at the same time. It's funny, we all anticipate her waking up, and can't wait to see her smiling face and we can't wait till bedtime so we can have a moment of peace. It is getting difficult to take her places and keep her entertained or in one place. Up the stairs, down the stairs, empty a drawer, empty a cupboard, tantrum then giggles, tantrum then giggles, trip, fall, cry, laugh, she makes me dizzy. I have never felt more confident in my decision to tie my tubes. 30 is too old for this.
But oh my, she is so lovable Our cuddliest baby by far. She wiggles backwards into your lap, she'll bring you a book and a blankie when she feels like snuggling. She loves to be tickled, cuddled, loved. She can hold her own and has no problem making her presence known with her brother and sister. She loves my brother's little girl Suzie, who is only 2 months younger and watching them toddle around kissing their dollies is precious. On Darryl's side she is the only baby, and she is soooo loved by her big cousins and aunties who don't have babies to snuggle anymore. She is one lucky baby.
Darryl is super busy at work, which is such a blessing. Now that he is working from home 90% of the time, we are down to one car, and it is nice saving on gas. I really love having him home all the time. He is such a big help to me in the mornings getting the kids off, I love that we have our meals together, I really feel like pinching myself some days. He is loving the freedom that being your own boss brings as well. He goes skiing at Hockley two mornings a week and he is leaving Tuesday to golf for a week in Florida. He still works in the wee hours of the morning, and I don't quite how he does all that he does, but I love him for it and don't it for granted that he takes such good care of all of us. He is a really great home teacher too (something he learned from his father) and he genuinely loves and thinks about the families that he visits. He is a great example to all of us.
Being that it is still January, I am still super goal oriented and feel good about the progress that I've made in reaching my goals. From now to March I always do really well, then I slowly lose motivation come spring. But so far we've had regular FHE, scriptures, and been to the temples. My work out goals have suffered since I have already had strep and the stomach flu this month, then I got my hair done and didn't want to get sweaty so that it would stay straight for a few days, but I am getting back on track. Started today off with Jillian Micheals and pilates at the church and I feel great.
Turning 30 was hard for a few days. I felt old. I remembered going to my Dad's 30th Elvis Birthday party, and that made me feel really old. Although I must say I have felt real contentment these past few days. I don't know if that has anything to do with being in my thirties, but it has been nice. I have been a bit of a homebody as well. My idea of a perfect evening lately is watching Parenthood and the The Office in bed with Darryl and a diet pop. We also have been watching a lot of movies that have been nominated for Oscars, and it's been really fun. I am not a big movie person, I would take Real Housewives over a movie any day, but I have tried to get more into them since it is something Darryl really enjoys, and I'm surprised how much I've enjoyed myself too. I have been lucky to get out quite a bit with friends this month too. A few dinners out with old friends and some new ones too. Val threw a lovely birthday celebration for Mel and I too.
We had New Beginnings this week for the new girls that are coming up to Young Women's this year and it made me really excited about getting to know them better. I love my little Beehives that I have right now too, it is really fun getting to spend so much time with them. Being in the YW presidency is the most time-consuming calling I have ever had, but definitely the most rewarding. We have about 25 active girls ever week and it is so much fun.
I feel guilty about being so sad to turn 30. If somebody told me 10 years ago about what my life would be like when I was 30, I would be ecstatic.
Nope, its true, contentment begins at 30! But it only last a few years, then you get remotivated for stuff you want to do before you turn 40! I have two years left, and am now right on track!!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog, Heather!