President Monson encouraged us last Sunday morning to consider our blessings, and take an inventory of blessings, great and small. So important to do, and something I don't do often enough.
I am so grateful for so much, and I make that blanket statement often, but I think it is good to be more specific.
Darryl left his job in August to start his own business working as a freelance architect. It was a scary and exciting change, one we both knew was coming, but we weren't expecting it to happen as soon as it did. He loved Sunvale Homes, and he is their architect but he felt that it was time. And I did too. Even though I knew it would be really scary not having a weekly paycheck of any kind now that my mat leave is finished. But as challenging as it is building a business all by yourself, and as crazy as his hours have been, it has been the greatest blessing to our family. Yes he works hard, but his office is in our home, which means that almost everyday (when Chlo isn't at school) we sit down as an entire family, 3 times a day together for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We are all home in the mornings for scriptures and prayer, and we get to put the kids to bed together almost ever night. And this time has been sacred. Yes, chaotic at times. of course. But the talking, the laughter and the time spent together has been so precious, and not only that, it's been really fun. It's brought us so close, and I am so deeply grateful that we get so much time together. I realize this is a luxury, and I'll take it. I feel like we are laying a strong foundation for our kids that will knit our hearts together during these few precious years where we have them all to ourselves. Darryl always said this was his dream, that his hard work would eventually allow us to spend more time together, and it's happening. I am so grateful for a loving husband, a husband with a prayerful plan for his family, and a husband with endless patience with me.
I am grateful my extension was approved and I am home full-time for another year.
I am grateful I won't have to go back till Chlo and Carter are in school and Claire is in pre-school.
I'm grateful Nana will be her teacher.
I am grateful my job is at my kids' school.
I am grateful I only have to work part-time.
I am grateful Chlo's bus stop is our driveway so I don't have to bring the kids out in the cold.
I'm grateful for my loving family. For my sister and my dad who know just what to say to make me feel better. For my mum's ESP, and how she knows something is wrong and calls me before I even pick up the phone to tell her. For all 4 grandparents, who call and /or email every single day. For a brother and sister who have endless patience with my kids and are the best aunt and uncle ever. For a (not so little brother) who knows me better than anyone and hugs me so tight it can make everything better. I still kinda wish he was living in my basement like old times. But then we wouldn't have Emily and Susie, who I also love. My niece is the cutest thing on the planet.
I'm grateful for the best in-laws anyone could ask for. I am grateful that all 20 of us live in the same town and get to eat together every week. I am grateful for all the cousins my kids get to have, and I'm so grateful for the love and bond between all 10 of those kids. They protect each other. They have fun together and they look out for one another. I hope they will always be close.
I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Particularly Relief Society,
I am so very grateful to live less than 30 minutes from the temple, a place I can go to recharge and reconnect with what is truly important. And eternal.
I am grateful for the 89, 345 facial expressions of Claire that make us laugh.
I'm grateful for the good example Carter is to our family. He is quick to tell anyone that shut up and stupid are not nice words, And he can tell ya any one of the first 5 Articles of Faith.
I'm grateful that Chlo loves school so much and comes of the bus so happy and full of excitement. My favorite time of the day is listening to her spill out stories of Kindergarten.
I'm grateful for this season of fall, the colours, the smells, all of it.
I could go on and on, but there is a quick inventory.
love this! thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete