Friday, June 1, 2012
A Day in the Life of Spring 2012
Me and the girls, Mother's Day 2012
Typical days are pretty busy lately... swimming lessons, ballet, library trips, family dinners, church, exercise classes, bike rides, FHE and on it goes.....but I love this faster pace our family has picked up these days, it suits us girls just fine, Daddy is busy with work, so he doesn't mind, but My Tuna Boy could use some more down time. He'd be happy to leave the house twice a week. Once for Kinderclub, once to swim and that's it. He'd love to just play cars and wander the yard all day.
Claire Bear is 8 months old. She is just about done nursing, only wanting to do it once a day when she wakes up, the rest of the time there is too much to see and do. And eat. She loves her food. My earliest crawler, she is on the move. If there is something she really wants in front of her, like Daddy's phone or Carter, she is pretty fast. Carter is popular these days. She love to mall his face, hair, all of him, he is her favourite person right now. She has one big top tooth and two little teeth on the bottom.
Darryl is busy with Sunvale, DRDesigns and training with Matt for The Ride to Conquer Cancer next weekend. I am busy mothering of course, exercising, being outside in the yard and listening to music a lot lately, Adele, Meaghan Smith, Noah, Gotye, Bruno Mars....
Chlo and I went to Kindergarten Orientation last week. I had thought that I would be sad to see her in that "big girl grown-up"enviroment. I told Darryl that I would be in tears for sure. Then I got there and she walked in like she owned the place, waved goodbye to me as she went into her classroom and I went to the meeting, and she just looked so happy. So confident. So sure of herself. So beautiful and sweet. How could I be sad? I was thrilled. My heart was bursting with excitement for her. It helps ease my mind that I work at her school and her teacher is a friend of mine, but it was more than that. She is just so ready for that chapter of her life to begin and I am so happy for her. I loved school. I loved my friends, my teachers, choir, sports, etc. and I am so excited for her to have her own experiences. We went out for breakfast this morning, just the two of us and talked. I am really loving this almost 4-year-old girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun! Isn't Claire a newborn still... eek - 8 months! Where does the time go?
ReplyDelete