Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Vegas Baby

Well, we are doing it. We are taking a vacation. First one in 7 years and we aren't bringing any children. We stayed up til 3am this morning planning it (how did people travel before the internet?)It will be short, but it will be sweet. For our 8 year anniversary we are going to Las Vegas for an extended August long weekend. We are staying at the Aria Resort and we are going to see Celine, Cris Angel, take a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon, go to the Las Vegas temple, sleep, eat at Gordon Ramsay's new restaurant, and relax. I CAN'T wait. Darryl needs a break. He works really, really hard for us, and this is long overdue for him. He hasn't taken 4 days off in a row since he got this job right after graduating and it's about time he had some well deserved R&R. Plus I have been pregnant and/or nursing for almost 5 years straight. That's a long time. I know I will miss the kids terribly, but I know this is a good thing for Darryl and I too. Both sets of grandparents are helping with the kids and the dog and I know they will fine. Eeeek, I can't believe we are really doing this......PINCH ME!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh!! That's so exciting! Matt and I have yet to get away without the kids... hopefully sometime soon. You're going to have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete