Well, January always seems to bring sickness to this family, and this year was no exception, we've covered a lot of ground already here in 2012, barf, diarrhea, fever, ear ache, common cold and sore throat have all made an appearance, but we seem to be on the mend. I seem to get it the worst, I don't know why...no sleep, eating junk to stay awake, etc. etc.
That sounds like a dismal start to a new year, but it hasn't been. We've had a lot of fun. The biggest project we have undertaken in the last few weeks is the decorating of our master bedroom. In 7 years of marriage we've decorated 5 baby nurseries, but never our own bedroom, so we decided it was high time, mostly because we have had the same bedding FOREVER and it is literally falling apart. I love the bedding we chose, the wallpaper, paint, throw pillows, lamps, it has just come together really well. When the trim is finished, I'll post pictures for sure. Darryl had a lot of influence on me this time, and it really reflects both of our styles really well. Moe is a master wallpaperer, one of his many talents, and he did a beautiful job hanging this paper with such a detailed pattern.
The Nativity obsession has continued into January. Carter likes to be referred to as The Shepherd. He also refers to himself as the Shepherd in third person. "Shepherd's hungry, Shepherd's thirsty, The Shepherd is coming!!!" It's pretty funny.
Claire is still the sweetest one in our family and my current favourite child. Kidding. Kind of. Trying to sleep train her right now (I got a whopping 2 hours of sleep last night) but I know it'll come if I stick with it...grateful for Wednesdays Chloe and Carter both go to Kinderclub.
Funny things Chlo says.....
While I was getting ready for church she said to me...
"Wow Mom, I bet your teacher today at church will loooove that skirt"
Nana: Chloe you have beautiful lips!
Chloe: I know, Heavenly Father gave me a beautiful body
My family had a really fun surprise party for me. It was the first time since Carter's birthday that all 12 of us were together, it was so nice...we had a lot of fun playing Headbands....Dylan is hilarious when we play games like this. He had the word Pizza and he could not figure it it out.
"So I'm round, you bake me, I have toppings and I'm not a doughnut?
No comments:
Post a Comment