I can't seem to keep up on here with all that's going on, so here is a quick re-cap. We have had Darryl and Ava's birthday party's...but what mostly keeps me from blogging is our Christmas crafts and projects. Advent calendars, pre-school class gifts, relief society handouts, baking...our house has turned into Santa's workshop. It's busy and it's so so wonderful.
Darryl got a camel pack from when he does his ride for cancer in the spring from his mom and dad, the kids made him a huge card and gave him a sweater. I can't believe he is 29...every year his age shocks me and I freak out because I will be the same age in 6 weeks. I love him so much and I'm really glad he is mine forever. We got Ava Mary Poppins for her birthday, It's Chlo's favourite and Auntie Sarah's favourite too. We went out for Darryl's birthday and came home at 11:30pm to find Carter eating Rice Krispie Squares and quite enjoying his time alone with Nana.
We are enjoying a snowy day at home today. We have had a weekend of Christmas parties and celebrations (more about that later) so we are taking a day off. We've watched Frosty and Rudolf by the fire and cleaned up last night festivities. My favourite kind of day, relaxation and productivity and I don't have to get dressed. It's so beautiful outside today I can't stop looking out the window. Darryl is going to the temple with all of his brothers and sister tonight to do the work for Maurice's mom and dad. It's a good day.
Disclaimer: Isn't it funny how things change from one day to the next? This time yesterday afternoon I was screaming at the kids when they were in the bath to stop fighting. I believe I used the phrase "shut up" for the first time, which Chloe then repeated to her Dad when he asked her to go to bed. Not my proudest moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment