Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time













I love parties of the Christmas kind. Every year my BFF throws a beautiful Christmas party. My mum always says everyone should get to go to a party like that at Christmastime. She goes all out with wonderful food and decor and since she usually does it at the beginning of the season, it really puts you in the Christmas spirit. This year was no different, it was amazing. She had a Country Christmas theme this year, complete with a caroling hayride around Bradford!

Darryl and I have lots of traditions that we brought into our marriage that we did growing up, but have been trying to start up some new ones for our family as well. We decided to have an FHE and have the kids act out the Nativity. We had some family and friends over and ate good food, listened to Kenny and Dolly's Christmas Album, an album that is a Regimbal favourite, not so much mine, but I love it because it reminds me of when Darryl and I started dating. I remember driving home from the Halton Hills ward in his parents' Safari van, blasting the cassette version and his whole family singing along. One of a few moments I knew I wanted to be part of Darryl's family. The kids made cute ornaments, I made a ton of food and we had a really great time, the kind that makes you warm and fuzzy.

I also caught some of the First Presidency Christmas Broadcast this weekend with my parents and little brother. It was so nice to be with them and watch it at home in our kitchen the way we have for so many years. I don't get a ton of time to just sit and be with parents without Chlo and Carter, and it was so nice to just talk for a few hours without interruption! I never forget how much I love them, but I sometimes forget how much I like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment