
My sweet Carter,
I am a little behind in writing your birthday letter this year, that seems to be a pattern for me these days, but I wanted to take a minute to tell you how much I adore your little blonde, blued-eyed self and tell you what you were like at two years old.
I couldn't ask for a better son. You are everything a son should be. Kind, caring, protective and loving to your mother and sisters, a best friend and companion to your dad and all at the ripe old age of two! You are out numbered here during the day with us girls, but you don't seem to mind. You spend most of your day playing with your cars. You LOOOOVE your cars, and anything with wheels, really. This is a bit of a new development, you usually just played whatever you sister was playing, but you have definitely found your own interests. You are Mr. Independent. I probably shouldn't admit to this, but there are many a morning that I don't see very much of you. We take Chlo to school, we come home get dressed and have breakfast, and then you play, and sometimes you go to that playroom and don't come out for an hour or sometimes two! I'll nurse the baby and pop in from time to time, but you are my only child (really the only member of this family) who loves to be alone.
You love mini wheats, blueberries, cookies, any junk food, and you are my pickiest eater. You like what you like and there is no changing your mind. This summer you and I had a knock-down-drag-out battle over the number of s'mores vs. no broccoli you wanted to eat at family home evening in the backyard. I won, but you put up a good fight. I think it was the maddest I've ever seen you.
You have kept up the trend as the sickie in our family. Maybe because you won't eat your vegetables? You worry me constantly this time of year with your asthma. We have had a couple of scary nights this months with you not being able to breathe so well and lots of puffers, vaporizers, and long walks in the wagon in the middle of the night with your dad, trying to help you breathe better. Before you were six months old you had croup, pneumonia and bronchitis, and your air-ways just haven't been the same since. Since you were diagnosed with asthma and got your puffers last October things have been better. You little cousin Hudson is the same, and at Grandpa's 80th birthday party, you two were racing your dump trucks down the hall of the church and at the finish line you were both having a coughing fit! Nolen is in the asthma club too, hopefully you'll all grow out of it the way Everett did.
You love the phone. You talk to Gran and Grandma every day. You love your Grandpa's and going to Nana's school on Wednesdays. You love your cousins and Wednesday night dinners. You are smiling 99 percent of the time and for that I am so grateful. I love your sweet face and you calm personality. I love you for so many reasons, you remind me soooo much of your dad in so many ways, and I already love him so much, maybe that's why it's so easy to love you. I love you my one and only son, and I am so grateful Heavenly Father sent you to our family.
Love Mom xo
So sweet!
ReplyDelete