Family. Can't live with them, can't live without them. As much as staying in bed this long weekend appealed to me, the thought of missing thanksgiving with everybody made me sad, and it turned out getting out and about again made my muscles feel a lot better. Baby Claire is so good to go with the flow and loves to sleep, so that made the weekend a lot of fun too. We started off at my grandparents at their farm, their property is so gorgeous this time of year. Everybody on my side was there with their significant others and it was nice to see everybody. Although I was disappointed we didn't sleepover this year, since late at night was when the guitar came out and the singing started, which I love (my sister and her boyfriend Andrew are in a band and my brother and parents both play and sing really well too) but it was a full house and with the baby I thought it best we headed home. The next day we spent with Darryl's family and it was lovely too, Darryl hiked the Mono Cliffs with the kids and the rest of his family while I got my hair cut,then we had an awesome dinner. Funny that last weekend my mum bundles the kids in coats and hats to walk to the hospital and this weekend everyone was in shorts and we even turned the air on!
I said many prayers of gratitude in my heart this weekend as I watched my kids interact with every single one of their aunts, uncles and cousins and almost everyone of their 10 grandparents/great-grandparents. I try to never take that for granted, I know how lucky we are, and I hope my kids will realize it as well one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment