Thursday, October 13, 2011

7 Pages

While we were away this weekend, our bishop implemented a challenge to the ward to complete the Book of Mormon by Chirstmas. All you had to do was read 7 pages a day. I am embarrassed to say that reading this book cover to cover has never happened for me. I love this book and have read all of it at different times and studied different topics, but when I heard about his challenge, I really wanted to try my best to do it.

I decided I would start where I was in my own reading already, since I was only in first Nephi. I wondered if I really had the time to complete this or if it was a realistic goal with the new baby and how hectic things can get with 3 kids 3 and under, and laundry, life, etc. and then I started to read. And here's the first thing I read:

1. And it came to pass that we did again take our journey in the wilderness; and we did travel nearly eastward from that time forth. And we did travel and awade through much affliction in the wilderness; and our women did bear children in the wilderness.

2. And so great were the blessings of the Lord upon us, that while we did live upon raw meat in the wilderness, our women did give plenty of suck for their children, and were strong, yea, even like unto the men; and they began to bear their journeyings without murmurings.

So I think I can suck it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment