








It was one of those beautiful weekends were everything just goes as planned and it was lovely. This doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it is oh so sweet.
Friday night Darryl's dad had agreed to baby-sit so we could go to a friend's 40th birthday party.It was a surprise party, and we were going to miss the surprise part because with me working and Darryl staying home in the mornings, he has to stay at the office till at least 9pm to get everything done (only 12 more school days till I'm on mat leave and things can go back to normal) I was really excited to go, but I didn't anticipate how tiring the first week at school would be, and sometimes (especially when I am pregnant) I get exhausted/anxious about the idea of making small talk at a party where I'm not super duper close with people who are going to be there. So weird, I know, but it's hard to describe. Plus the idea of showering and getting ready to go out at 9:30pm made me sleepy just thinking about it. Ten I felt old.
Anyway, I called my father-in-law to tell him I was going to pass and he didn't need to baby-sit. He was disappointed, he loves baby-sitting at our house because are kids are always already asleep and we always get him a ginger ale and a chocolate bar. He says it's the only time he really relaxes, and it's true. Except if there is any housework to be done, he'll find it, so I have to make sure it's finished before he comes or he ends up doing it all. My in-laws go 100 miles an hour from 6am to 12am every single day. They probably accomplish more in 3 days than I do in an entire week.
He told me to go. So we went, and I am so glad we did. It was fun and relaxed, the food was amazing and the conversation flowed. The eighties theme was hilarious and I was so glad we went. We ended up being the last to leave. It was a great night. Then the next morning, bright and early we headed to Chudleigh's Apple Farm for the first time. It was so beautiful there, the weather was perfect, it was warm, but it still smelled like fall and the kids loved it. I would definitely go back again. Our friends, the Fullers invited us because it was Matt's company picnic being held there, so we got to attend his Hawaiian themed BBQ and see all Chudleigh's had to offer as well. We took the kids to Downey's Farm the last two years, but it was more expensive and didn't have half of the the attractions Chudleigh's did.
Then we had to rush back to drop the kids at home and pick up the baby-sitter so we could head to the temple for the 5pm session with the Verrettes. It was cutting it close, but we made it and had an amazing time, that I wish I could write more about, but it's sort of one of those spiritual experiences you don't put in the blog world, but it was a great. Then we flew out of there and ran across the street to Stake Conference, which was great too. We have a new temple presidency, new mission president, so it was great to hear from all of them. Sunday morning we headed back to Stake Conference with kids in tow, and thoroughly enjoyed it again, thanks to my parents, who we sat with, who were armed with snacks and activities for the kids. My mum took them to the temple grounds for the last half hour. She kept reminding me that it would be a very long time before I could sit through an entire meeting and enjoy it without having to get up and nurse. It was a beautiful Sunday, I know that's the third time I've used the word beautiful in this post but it really was. The tears and tantrums were pretty well non-existent, Darryl and I had time to re-connect after a hectic week, we were fed spiritually, it was just a great 48 hours.
Another side note, the kids have been especially cute lately. Chlo asks Darryl every night at dinner to read The Bookie Mormon on the fridge (we keep a large one we got for our wedding on top of the fridge) and have Family Homie. It's so cute. She usually asks him on the phone sometime in the afternoon before he comes home for supper. Carter loves to sing "Tomorrow" from Annie, just that same word over and over again, and the way he says it, his mouth just does this cute sideways thing that I love. He also says "suppertime" in such a cute way that melts my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment