Wednesday, July 20, 2011

This HEAT























I am someone who has a hard time (when I'm not even pregnant) feeling comfortable in 25 degree weather, never mind this 35 degree nonsense, so we have been trying to stay cool as much as we can, but the heat doesn't seemed to bother the kids as much as me, which has forced me outside more often than I would've liked, but we have been having a lot of fun too. We've had a few pool parties with friends, Ceilidh and Tay have come for a visit and entertained us, we've been to Palmyra (more about that later) Nolen had a fun pool/Batman party (Carter loves birthdays because it means Pinatas, and he thinks hitting those things with a stick is hilarious) family dinners outside, pizza picnic on Chlo's birthday in the backyard, campfire and s'mores in the backyard for FHE, visited Auntie Melissa at Yogi Bear (who gave her a really cute princess cupcake oven, and that gorgeous pink bathing suit I love) but today since it felt like 40 outside, I did convince Chlo to do a craft and play princess bingo with me rather than going to the park. We leave tomorrow for Family Camp, a tradition Darryl's extended family has been doing for 20 plus years now, and as much as I love visiting with his cousins and aunts and uncles (I really do, the are hilarious) I am dreading the 6 hour car ride with no AC and spending the next 3 days outside. But as a friend mentioned to me the other day on the phone, "This summer is all about the kids" and I know they will love every minute of it. Other than the car ride of course, my babies are the worst travelers on the planet. A few new Barney DVD's, lip gloss and sunglasses should make it some what bearable. In the past we have stayed with friends at their cabin (I don't think you could even call it that actually, it's more like a luxury hotel) which is only 30 minutes from where they hold Family Camp, but we've decided to go in August with our friends and leave the kids with my parents, so I am really looking forward to that. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment