Saturday, May 14, 2011

What a week......

Can I just say the past few days have well, sucked. I know that doesn't sound very "Pollyanna" of me, but the really have. I knocked my laptop off the counter and lost 2 years worth of stuff, most unfortunately, every picture I've taken since June 2009. Staples said they could retrieve half of it for a minimum of 1200 dollars plus tax. I got my hair done, then the same day it rained. Trivial, yes, but you curly haired girls know how lovely it is to have someone straighten your hair. Both our cars were robbed and my Blackberry was one of the things they stole. I hate that I have only had my phone and laptop for 6 months, spent so much money and now have nothing to show for it. Speaking of money, I forgot I have to pay 2x the medical and dental benefits at work to cover the summer which is costing us hundreds in the next two months because when you only work half time they cost a fortune. Opting out of the program would be cheaper probably, but you are only allowed to do that if you have a spouse who has benefits and Darryl doesn't, and then I will have a summer with no pay. Bummed about that. All the EA's in our board are technically laid off every summer, and we collect EI. But since I am going on Maternity leave in October I can't. I fell IN LOVE with some beautiful crib bedding that I later found out is $100 dollars just to ship to Canada.

But all of these things are just that. Things. And Money. And neither one really matter in long run anyways. There. That's a little more Pollyanna of me, isn't it?

It was easier for me to put all this into perspective yesterday, because yesterday I got to have my first ultra sound with my kids and my hubby there, and boy, that never gets old. It's still so amazing to me that I have this sweet little spirit growing inside me.

And it's a girl. Another precious girl. I was elated. Mostly because this little Claire Grace has haunted my dreams since before I was pregnant with Carter. I was sure she was coming to our family at some point, and if this wasn't her, then I would have to have another one to make sure she got here, but that was not in our plans at all. We couldn't even agree on a boy name, mostly because we were so sure it was a girl anyway.

And don't get me wrong, I would have been thrilled either way, but in my heart of hearts I felt every girl, especially my Chloé needs a sister, and I can't quite imagine my life without mine (both my girls will have my sisters' middle names) And something about this just sits so well with me and feels so right. This little one will change the whole dynamics of our family, and I feel much more equipped to handle the sister drama which I know oh so well, rather than the mess and noise and dirt of little boys (which can be wonderful too) Something inside me also loves that there is no odd man out, we have our oldest, then our only boy, (the Prince of the family, really) and our baby girl. I like that. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. A girl! So fantastic - I know how excited you were at the thought of it. And I'm not sure anyone really is "PollyAnna" And honestly, would you really want to be? I think we have this notion that we're supposed to be that, but between you and me I think it would be really boring. I think you are one of the most fun and loving people I know and I wouldn't have it any other way!

    ReplyDelete