Monday, May 2, 2011

Royal Bliss


Let me start by saying I am no monarchist. There is something to be said for tradition, but the fact that it takes upwards of 40 million pounds of England's money to keep the Queen and her 38,000 acres of castles, jets, staff, land, cars, etc. running smoothly irritates me to say the least. But in a world where there is so much bad, it was so nice to watch some good.

I was so excited to get to work and watch with some of the ladies some highlights of William and Kate's day. We had crumpets and oooed and ahhhed over all the details and then I did go to my mother-in-law's in the evening to watch the PVRD version in it's entirety.

The dress was perfect, she was simply stunning. I loved all the greenery and all the white flowers. They sang my favourite hymn, Jerusalem, which was also the anthem of Pickering College, a private school I worked and lived at (as well as had my wedding reception at) so that made me shed a tear. I did feel like they did seem truly happy, which was nice as well.

And then today I went and voted. And if it's alright with Her Majesty, we will have a Prime Minister by the end of tonight who was elected by the people. And that also makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment