General Conference. I love it. I love soaking it all in. USA Today said recently that us "Mormons" treat the messages in this conference like personal faxes from God. Which is kinda true. And how lucky we are to have them. I loved the talks that were given. The whole weekend was fab. Darryl's parents had the kids overnight on Friday while Darryl and I went on a date. I don't even remember the last time we went for dinner AND a movie. It was great, we went to Shoeless, had really good food and saw The Lincoln Lawyer which was not bad either. It was so nice to sleep in a little and get some stuff done around the house. Darryl starting painting what will be Carter's new room when the baby comes and went and picked up Chloé and Carter and I made some yummy food for us to eat while we watched conference. Cinnamon Buns and Creamy Chicken Tacquitos (from Ourbestbites.com, such a great food website)The kids played in their King Benjamin type tent and it was good. Not every seesion was a pleasure to watch with a one and two year old, but over all it was great. We went to cousin Olivia's 2nd birthday party Sunday afternoon, and Monday for FHE we made some conference crafts. I can't wait to get my conference issue in the mail and go over the talks that I really enjoyed. I'll close with one of my fav pieces of advice from this conference from Elder Packer "If you're carrying burdens or hard feelings, forgive a lot, repent a little and forget it".
Saturday, April 2, 2011
It's the most wonderful time of the year...
General Conference. I love it. I love soaking it all in. USA Today said recently that us "Mormons" treat the messages in this conference like personal faxes from God. Which is kinda true. And how lucky we are to have them. I loved the talks that were given. The whole weekend was fab. Darryl's parents had the kids overnight on Friday while Darryl and I went on a date. I don't even remember the last time we went for dinner AND a movie. It was great, we went to Shoeless, had really good food and saw The Lincoln Lawyer which was not bad either. It was so nice to sleep in a little and get some stuff done around the house. Darryl starting painting what will be Carter's new room when the baby comes and went and picked up Chloé and Carter and I made some yummy food for us to eat while we watched conference. Cinnamon Buns and Creamy Chicken Tacquitos (from Ourbestbites.com, such a great food website)The kids played in their King Benjamin type tent and it was good. Not every seesion was a pleasure to watch with a one and two year old, but over all it was great. We went to cousin Olivia's 2nd birthday party Sunday afternoon, and Monday for FHE we made some conference crafts. I can't wait to get my conference issue in the mail and go over the talks that I really enjoyed. I'll close with one of my fav pieces of advice from this conference from Elder Packer "If you're carrying burdens or hard feelings, forgive a lot, repent a little and forget it".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment