Well, my baby brother has left our basement to live in a basement of his own with his new wifey. It's been a week and I still can't believe it. To be honest, I was really worried how this whole day was going to come together. I never worried about their solid relationship, they are so in love and perfect for each other, but they are both so calm and relaxed, I worried a little bit about the logistics of the day. But I was totally wrong. They entire day was so beautiful and everything went off without a hitch, except for MY daughter pulling the fire alarm during the reception. She did it just as my aunt asked how I could be so comfortable just letting her run around with her young aunts and uncles. It made for an unpleasant 8 minutes of alarm ringing, but I called 911 and told them we were all fine and the fireman came and shut it off. Anyways, back to the important stuff. The sealing was lovely. The sealer talked a lot about them having a large family and my brother having lots of priesthood responsiblities. He was a lovely man. He told all the men in the room to hold their wives hands cause "that's how he does things around here". He was anything but casual, he just made everyone feel so comfortable. It was cold taking pictures, as to be expected on the 19th of March, but it was so sunny with true blue skies. Emily's family lives in Equador and were unable to come, but they took a bus 8 hours to their temple in Quito to be there at the same time we all were. We also skyped them at the reception and they were all dressed in suits and dresses with flowers too. It was really touching. My brother asked Darryl and I to go and pick up 400 blue cupcakes at the bakery before the dinner started. I felt really prompted for some reason to thank the general manager of the store and tell him how kind and helpful the baker was. We were pressed for time, but I really wanted to do it. We thanked him and then he said "Everyone's teeth is going to be blue from this icing! Oh well, people will be too drunk to care" I laughed and told him not likely, we were Mormon. Then he told us that he had joined the church in El Salvador as a boy with his mother. It was such a nice, quick moment and I was glad I had listened to the Spirit. My mom and dad did a beautiful spanish song, Jake, my brother's best man sang a lovely song too. Darryl gave a beautiful toast and we all danced the night away. It was the most fun I have had at a wedding in a long time. I am so happy families are forever.
Monday, March 28, 2011
Baby Bro gets hitched
Well, my baby brother has left our basement to live in a basement of his own with his new wifey. It's been a week and I still can't believe it. To be honest, I was really worried how this whole day was going to come together. I never worried about their solid relationship, they are so in love and perfect for each other, but they are both so calm and relaxed, I worried a little bit about the logistics of the day. But I was totally wrong. They entire day was so beautiful and everything went off without a hitch, except for MY daughter pulling the fire alarm during the reception. She did it just as my aunt asked how I could be so comfortable just letting her run around with her young aunts and uncles. It made for an unpleasant 8 minutes of alarm ringing, but I called 911 and told them we were all fine and the fireman came and shut it off. Anyways, back to the important stuff. The sealing was lovely. The sealer talked a lot about them having a large family and my brother having lots of priesthood responsiblities. He was a lovely man. He told all the men in the room to hold their wives hands cause "that's how he does things around here". He was anything but casual, he just made everyone feel so comfortable. It was cold taking pictures, as to be expected on the 19th of March, but it was so sunny with true blue skies. Emily's family lives in Equador and were unable to come, but they took a bus 8 hours to their temple in Quito to be there at the same time we all were. We also skyped them at the reception and they were all dressed in suits and dresses with flowers too. It was really touching. My brother asked Darryl and I to go and pick up 400 blue cupcakes at the bakery before the dinner started. I felt really prompted for some reason to thank the general manager of the store and tell him how kind and helpful the baker was. We were pressed for time, but I really wanted to do it. We thanked him and then he said "Everyone's teeth is going to be blue from this icing! Oh well, people will be too drunk to care" I laughed and told him not likely, we were Mormon. Then he told us that he had joined the church in El Salvador as a boy with his mother. It was such a nice, quick moment and I was glad I had listened to the Spirit. My mom and dad did a beautiful spanish song, Jake, my brother's best man sang a lovely song too. Darryl gave a beautiful toast and we all danced the night away. It was the most fun I have had at a wedding in a long time. I am so happy families are forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lovely!
ReplyDelete