Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Sweet Chloe


Dear Chloé,
Your dad and I each wrote you a letter on your first birthday, so we decided that was a tradition we would continue. I know it's a little but late, but here goes!!!

My big 2 year old Lady. Can't even stand how much I love you. It makes me mush. I love you so much it's sick. You are my favorite daughter hands down.

That being said, you sure know how to drive me crazy. Entering this crazy world of the terrible two's is exhausting the both of us. But one thing I secretly love is how you want me right beside you all the time. In the moment I sometimes wish you would entertain yourself for a minute or two, but I love being with you and I just hope we are always as close as we are now. Everyday when you wake up the first thing I say is to you is "I was missing you, I'm so happy you're awake!" And I really mean it. You are constantly waving your finger at me saying "one more" "no more" or "just one"

You love so many things that are so cute right now...
horses (neigh!!!)
cows (moooooo!!!)you screamed "more moo" for a good 25 minutes on the way to Gran's
Elmo
The Wiggles
Pink (even though you call it Blue)
The phone, you love talking to everybody, especially Gran
VaVa (Ava)
Ollie
KETCHUP and FRIES
"Big Bert" lol
books books and more books especially:
Grovers Book of Baby Animals
I Can Do It Myself
Book of Mormon Stories (da boat)
Real Book of Mormon (Jesus)
We have book of songs and stories and the only one you always ask me for the is the "baby" song. It's a picture of angels rocking a baby's cradle with the song "All through the night" It is a book with 150 songs and stories and that is the only one you want to hear
You LOVE Gum gum gum and more gum
Princess Panties
Jewelry (lots, you can never have too much...mommy feels the same way)
Bows in your hair
Lip gloss, blush, mascara
Wheels on the Bus
Nursery
Barney (especially Cowboy Barney because there is a pony in it)

You are the greatest blessing in my life, my daughter. You are so smart, strong-willed and capable. You are compassionate. If somebody has something that you want you will scream "mine" and snatch it away, and within 30 secs of doing it you will feel so sorry for the one you took it from, you give it back. I love that. You are so in tune with others feelings, your Nana always said that about you even when you were a little baby. You don't like seeing others hurt or upset. You will always try and fix it by offering your fave things, ie. blankie, treats, etc.

Every time you turn a month/year older I feel such a twinge of sadness that you are growing up so fast, but it is always followed by anticipation and excitement of what's to come. I love you my angel. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment